Internet has become an important part of our day to day life, we spend hours online. But do you think you are safe when working on internet. Crime not only happens in real life, crime can take place even on internet and these days many young mischievous people are just looking for one opportunity to harm you and your device. Scams, malwares and hacking have made the internet a dangerous place. Thus, it becomes necessary to have a powerful internet security in your device and McAfee fulfill that need of your perfectly well.
But in spite of having McAfee in your device you still have to take some security measures to reduce your exposure from online threats. You can learn about internet threats and their prevention from experts on McAfee Helpline Number UK.
But for now let’s get started with some basic tips to keep you safe.
1. Always Create Strong Password: Whether you are using email, online banking or any antivirus, make sure you always create their password unique and complex so that no one could guess it. This makes it difficult for hackers to steal your personal and financial information. See, if your account offer multi-factor authentication. As this will offer an extra layer of security to your account.
2. Use Firewall: Firewall acts as an electronic barrier that blocks unauthorized access to your computer. A Firewall ensures that the device connected to your network is secure, it even keep Internet of thing devices secure which is important as they are not equipped with security measures.
3. Share Carefully: These days a lot of online sites ask for our personal detail, making us more vulnerable to phishing and hacking. So, you have to be cautious about what you share and where you share your personal information.
4. Use Updated Software: It is important to keep all the software up to date, especially antivirus (like McAfee) so that you can have latest security patches. Turn on automatic updates and make sure that your antivirus is running regular scan.
5. Enhance You Network Security: We always use password protected router and Wi-Fi at home or office but sometimes people get tempted to use public Wi-Fi which are not at all secure. An unsecured Wi-Fi makes it easy for hackers to access your information and device. So, it is suggested that you should always invest in Virtual Private Network (VPN) as this software creates a strong connection over the internet, making it easy for you to safely connect from anywhere.
6. Mobile Security: As it is important to keep our PC safe, in the similar manner it is must for you to keep your mobile phones secure. Mobile phone face many different challenges, you might install some risky apps or click on a dangerous link that was send to you through a message. So, the first thing you need to do is install Mobile Security in your device too and then make sure you don’t respond to message from strangers. And only download apps from official app store.
If you keep the above things in mind then you can keep yourself protected from cyber crime. But despite saying that it is highly recommended to have McAfee Antivirus installed in your device. McAfee will keep your device safe with its amazing features and performance. To know more about this software, you can consult with an antivirus expert by dialing McAfee Support Number UK 0808-169-3104. You will be amazed to know what this software can offer you.